Monday, June 30, 2008

Flaming Gorge Days Parade



This was a fun day! Just ask me, i'll tell ya! Over the weekend the Annual Flaming Gorge Days Parade was held and of course the theme was The Old West. I live in Wyoming and I have only been to two Parades now, the Christmas Parade and this one...Can you guess what the Theme was for Christmas? I have never before seen Santa dressed up as an Indian, but I guess that can be crossed off my list...hehe...I may join the celebrations committee, I think I can suggest a new line of thinking for this western town...Anywho, Bobbi was working so I took the kids and the dog to the festivities. As fortune had it I found a seat by my friend Ben. He is a good man and has been a good influence for me. Anyway as our Cubs found their way to the floats they would ride, we found seats near a elevated corner where we could see the goings-on. I had Alva, Benny and Morgan in the Parade and Wyatt and Libby and KK with me. During the course of the morning, Libby lost control of my dog Dasiy twice (meaning Dasiy was hungry for the chance to prove herself Dog-of-the-Day by chasing after every little half breed mutt that was around!) KK was busy developing her skills as photographer by documenting all forty or so floats in the parade and Wyatt was trying to beat his personal best at distance jumping off the top of five steps that exited into parade central...whew...tough job...oh! I forgot, my friend Ben and I was wondering if, since it seemed all the businesses in town had a float represented, what would happen if our local gentleman establishment had an entry and how I would possibly explain to my dear wife why there were pictures on my camera (that my little photographer had) which, although keeping in tune with proper documentary of the floats for the day, were not exactly prpoer! What a run on scentence! Luckly enough, they did not have said entry, but on second thought perhaps the local cheerleaders were taking their place! What a day...

6 comments:

Janet said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that your doing this. It's a great way to keep in touch with everyone. Your dog is the ugliest dog ever, but she is a riot :) Make sure you bring the Wii or rockband this weekend, and sleep now because this weekend sleeping will only be for LOOoooSERs. Can't wait to see ya, Love Ya

Jamie said...

I am so glad that you are doing this now. It is a fun way to see what we are all doing! Love Ya

Janet said...

I'm honestly a little surprised that you did this yourself. Good Job!

Jamie said...

Hey what is your email so I can invite you to mine?

Janet said...

tag your it, look on my blog for further instructions

Jerrilynn said...

Sounds like a fun day. I can't wait for everyone to get here for the weekend.